The Episcopal Church in Plaquemine first recorded services in 1844, and in the year 1870 the church was incorporated. The first recorded confirmations in Plaquemine took place in 1886. The original church burned in February of 1913, and the church standing today was built in November of that year. The Parish House was built in 1948. The Rectory is located next to the church, and was remodeled in 2016 with help from the congregation.
The congregation at Holy Communion is a loving group, with a number of people that both live locally, and commute from Baton Rouge for the worship and fellowship. We are active participants in the Diocese of Louisiana, Baton Deanery; we donate to and participate in many diocesan activities. For a small church, we offer a wide range of activities and make an effort to out-reach within our community.
Various activities include: Gumbo to Go during Lent; Lite Lenten Lunches; United Thank Offering ingathering; ECW Annual Gathering; Jim Shortess Memorial First Responders Luncheon; Advent wreaths; Donation off Christmas; Boxes in the Community; Christmas Angels with the DCFS, Living Nativity; Bible Study, Yoga and Exercise offerings; Easter Egg Hunt; and various activities for children.
Copyright © 2019 Episcopal Church of the Holy Communion - All Rights Reserved.